Careers at C&K Components
C&K strives for performance excellence at both the individual and company level. Whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting out, this is a great place to build your career. Experienced professionals here at C&K have a proven track record that demonstrates their skills in getting the job done and achieving total customer satisfaction. C&K employs thousands of people around the globe with operations located throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. If you are ready to advance your career to the next level or simply looking for new challenges, C&K can help you find the opportunity that best fits your unique talents.
C&K is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of the efforts we take to make diversity an integral part of the way we do business.
If you are interested in in joining the C&K team, we would like to hear from you!
- Develop Sales to industrial companies through a distribution network
- Identify new opportunities to design in C&K products to OEMs and close the deals
- Manage / drive a distribution network (sales, inventory management, commercial activities) to maximize POS sales
- Visit 4 days a week industries to create demand and design in
- Manage intimacy to develop sales with the distribution network
- Assess distributors potential / Competition / Business Opportunities and Share shift
- Ensure technical knowledge and competencies
- Ensure products availability by assessing and challenging inventory
- Take control of top POS customers
- Launch new products
- Develop and maintain new business opportunities to maximize growth, manage the opportunities' funnel
- Identify, anticipate end of life and loss of business and build a mitigation plan
- Identify and engage prospects
Reporting to the VP of Sales and General Manager of the Americas, the Director of Channel Sales, North America is responsible to develop the channel sales strategy for C&K. They will work closely with distributors to ensure that C&K maintains preferred switch line position and that the distributor sales force promotes and sells our products. This role should build relationships with top management and product marketing personnel at all distributors in addition to driving corporate distribution programs through C&K sales channels.
- Develop and implement the overall channel strategy for North America by gathering input from Executive management, Regional Sales Management, the Reps and the distributors as well as other industry sources such as ECIA or ERA to determine the optimal strategy to grow C&K sales
- Determine the optimal distributors with whom C&K should be aligned to maximize coverage of the available switch market. Rationalization of the channel should be evaluated on an ongoing basis to eliminate non-value added relationships and add franchises for new markets.
- Develop and implement promotional initiatives for each distributor. This should include market/industry focused programs, product specific initiatives and/or other targeted sales campaigns. The initiatives should be documented to include an outline, the scope, expected results, execution plans and success measures. Frequent follow up and monitoring of all active initiatives should be managed by the Director of Channel Sales.
- Develop and implement strategic business plans unique to each distributor. These plans should define the approach for each distributor and the differentiated value each distributor brings to C&K. Strategic business plans should also indicate all the promotional initiatives being driven with each distributor.
- Develop Key Performance Reporting (KPI) standards for distribution. Reporting should include measure of full channel and individual report cards for each distributor that measures the success based on the unique approach for each and the promotional initiatives for each distributor.
- Monitor the inventory levels, inventory turns, gross profit, number of SKUs stocked and other key data for each distributor to identify investment opportunities.
- Drive product specific business plans coordinated with the Global Product Management team to promote all product lines through the channel. The Director of Channel Sales should have a strong working knowledge of C&K’s product offering to promote and positions products for and with the distributors.
- Implement a quarterly business review process at all distributors to measure progress and set key actions for future quarters
- Manage the Distribution Policy Guide to reflect the most current policies. The policies should be set with a balance of maximizing C&K’s profitability and providing maximum incentive for the distributors to promote C&K.
- Set distribution line card strategy and policy including managing conflicts of interest and disadvantaged positions for C&K.
- Negotiate and maintain C&K distribution contracts which reflect terms that protect C&K and provide incentive for distributors to promote C&K.
- Communicating all aspects of channel sales and strategy to the Executive, Regional Sales and Rep teams.
- Coordinate with the other global regions to share best practices and communicate on global distribution ideas, issues and sales strategies.
- Manage co-op advertising program to maximize promotion and minimize cost
- Work with Regional Sales Manager to drive POS by communicating and monitoring distributor specific plans. This also includes coordinating key business opportunities with the corporate location to ensure inventory purchases and other support is provided to the branches
- Organizational Skills and Directing
- Communication including strong written and verbal skills
- Managerial Courage
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem solving
- Action oriented
- Drives results
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business or Engineering (MBA Preferred) or equivalent business experience
- 7+ years’ experience in electronic component sales and/or marketing
Reporting to the VP of Sales and GM, Americas, the Global Account Manager - EMS Sales together with Inside Sales will drive sales growth and market share penetration at the tier 1 and 2 Electronic Manufacturer Services (EMS) Companies across all global regions either directly with C&K or through distributor partners
- Identify and maintain accurate switch TAM and SAM information for Tier 1 and 2 EMS Companies.
- Create and maintain relationship maps for corporate and local sights. This will include Executive, Global and Local Sourcing, Component and Design Engineering, Order Administration and other pertinent personnel at EMS Companies. The relationship maps will identify sphere of influence and level of authority/decision making power for each individual.
- Maintain influential relationships with all key personnel at EMS Companies
- Negotiate and secure master supply agreements that provide mutually beneficial terms and conditions under which C&K will work with EMS Companies
- Understand parameters for EMS Companies’ Preferred Supplier Lists (PSL) and ensure C&K obtains sufficient scores to maintain PSL status
- Understand and articulate concepts and benefits of Total Cost of Ownership and utilize these concepts to maximize profitability and account penetration
- Act as focal point for annual price negotiations with EMS Companies. Negotiate directly with the EMS Companies to secure business for C&K.
- Manage daily price quotes in conjunction with Inside Sales counterpart. Ensure timely response, appropriate follow up and closure of price quotes
- Identify opportunities where C&K is approved but not sourced and secure the business through price and terms of sale negotiations
- Obtain information that identifies OEM Customers serviced by the EMS and the switch content for the OEM
- Obtain design wins at EMS Companies where EMS Company is ODM or has design control of the OEM Customer’s bill of materials (BOM)
- Facilitate design in/approval activity at the OEM Customers through the C&K sales teams to secure print position where C&K is not approved at the EMS Company
- Facilitate smooth transition and ensure C&K secures orders when an OEM in which C&K has created demand through design activity, outsources to an EMS Company
- Provide leads when appropriate to EMS Companies for OEM Customers where C&K is designing in product and the OEM intends to outsource to EMS Companies for production
- Maintain influential relationships with key distributor personnel that service the EMS Customers
- Facilitate efficient supply chain service relationships with distributors where costs are parsed to each company and not duplicated
- Negotiate prices with the distributor sales organization to avoid excessive or duplicate mark up to the EMS Company
- Provide an accurate, detailed forecast of bookings and billings for EMS Customer base
- Ensure C&K’s timely response to any request by EMS Company
- Maintain working knowledge of C&K products and services including technical specifications and unique value proposition
- Up to 75% travel required including international travel.
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Business writing and documentation
- Balances strategic and tactical approach to business
- Bachelors degree preferably in Business or Engineering (MBA Preferred) or equivalent business experience
- 7+ years’ experience in electronic component sales and/or marketing
C&K is seeking a Global Sales Operations Manager to develop global processes to improve the productivity, effectiveness, efficiency, ROI and job satisfaction of C&K’s sales reps and managers. With direction from the Executive Leadership Team, the Sales Operations Manager translates the vision for consistent client management and satisfaction into actionable, measureable sales processes that enable substantial growth. This position reports to the VP of Sales and General Manager of the Americas